Your CPAP/ BiPAP machine should have the following:
* CPAP/ BiPAP unit has an electrically operated generator, which uses a blower to open and maintain the airflow necessary for treatment.
* A Heated Humidifier with your CPAP machine or BiPAP machine is recommended to reduce nasal congestion or dryness and makes CPAP/ BiPAP therapy more comfortable. Keep in mind body temperature is usually at 98.6 degrees and air temperature would be about 72 degrees making the air cool and dry. To prevent condensation in the tubing you may insulate the tubing with bubble wrap. It is also helpful if the CPAP machine or BiPAP machine is positioned lower than the bed so the tubing is in a downward direction to the heated humidifier. dreamstation vs airsense 10
* Patient Interface should include a mask or nasal pillow system held in place by aheadgear which connects to the CPAP/ BiPAP unit via tubing.
Operation of the CPAP/ BiPAP Unit:
* Place the CPAP machine or BiPAP machine on a dresser, bedside table, or nightstand
* Do not place unit on the floor
* Make sure the area has good circulation and the air inlet is not blocked byanything
* When traveling to other countries with different electrical requirements, check your operation manual for specific instructions
CPAP Machine or BiPAP System Set-up:
* Connect one end of cpap tubing to the air outlet of the CPAP/ BiPAP machine with the other end of the cpap tubing going to the CPAP/ BiPAP nasal or full face mask and attach the headgear.
* Place the nasal CPAP mask over your nose or if you have the nasal pillow system insert them into your nostrils.
* Secure the CPAP headgear making sure it should be snug. The CPAP headgear should never be tight or loose. Make necessary adjustment to your CPAP mask and headgear and make sure the CPAP system is closed and no air is leaking.